Bonnie Harris Wedding Celebrant

Legal Paperwork for Getting Married

Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM). This must be lodged by your celebrant one month before the wedding date.

You can download the Notice of Intended Marriage document, from Birth Death Marriages Queensland. Another option is that you can get it from me or any courthouse in Australia. However, if you are overseas, any Australia Embassy will do. Australian law requires your celebrant must sight original documents before your fabulous wedding day.

The NOIM has to be signed by both parties intending to marry and be witnessed by either. A Marriage Celebrant ~ Commissioner for Declaration ~ Australian Justice of the Peace ~ Member of Australian Police

NOIM needs to be lodged by me, no later than one month before the date of your marriage and is valid for 18 months. One signature is sufficient to be witnessed and lodged to BDM. Also, another signature can be signed later, even if it’s one hour before the ceremony. 

Bring original documents with you and all documents must be in English.  If not they’ll need to be officially translated by a person who is legally recognized.  Two English speaking witnesses over the age of 18 are required as your witnesses.

Overseas Requirements:

For NOIM  document have your signature witnessed in the presence of ~Australian Embassy Official~ Australian Consular Officer ~A Notary Public. Email documents to me. This is not complicated; it’s easy don’t let bureaucracy scare you.

REMEMBER to bring original documents with you, and In conclusion, there will be tears before bedtime if you forget your original documents NOIM, Birth certificates, Divorce Decree

As you will be sharing personal information with me I would like you to know that your privacy is important to me. Please read my Privacy Policy here.